Membership Criteria for Young Farmers’ Federation of Uganda
UNYFA members ought to fulfill the following requirements:
a) Homogeneous youth groups. (The percentage of youth members in group should be 90% – 100% youth only).
b) The age bracket for youth is between 12 to 39 years.
c)The youth should be active/ practicing farmer or involved in Agri-business.
d) The youth group should be registered as a CBO & possess a certificate.
e) The Youth groups can be in the following categories: Associations, Cooperatives or any other youth Initiatives such as Farms.
f) Membership fees paid by a member group: Membership fee: 50,000/= Ugandan Shillings paid once forever and Annual Subscription fee: 100,000/= Ugandan shillings paid per year.
Benefits to Members (Services)
1. Advocacy: Having an amplified strong voice to confront duty bearers inline of youth in agribusiness entitlements.
2. Networks and Linkages in Agribusiness for: Knowledge, market and other opportunities.
3. Tailor Made Trainings to enrich the capacity of youth for instance in FAAB, GAP, and Value addition etc. as per interest of members.
4. Exposure and Peer to peer practical experience sharing through Agricultural tours combined with fun/ farmer to farmer exchanges.
5. Exhibitions, through this we promote young farmers’ creativity and innovations in agribusiness and market our members.
6. Agribusiness information/opportunity sharing through our various platforms of communication.