The Young Farmers’ Federation of Uganda (UNYFA)
UNYFA is an umbrella body for young farmers in Uganda, established in 2016, and launched in June 2017, as a duly incorporated member-based organization, with registration number 80020000478713 under section 18(3) of Companies Act 2012. The organisation has 54 members r registered as District Young Farmers’ Associations (DYFAs), farmer youth groups and school agricultural clubs, with a total of over 35000 individual young farmers across the country.
UNYFA is driven by the desire to have a holistically transformed youth in agriculture for a sustainable economy: its target group is of youth between 12 to 39 years of age who are rural and/or urban agro-based and young farmers in and out of school/ Institutions. Due to diverse interests of farmer groups/farmers’ based organizations, young farmers need specific training; UNYFA provides platforms for these youths where they can express and acquire tailor-made training.
What We Stand For
- To establish a young farmers’ association as a mouthpiece for young farmers in Uganda.
- The government prioritizes agricultural development in consideration of youths.
- Youths are advocates for their entitlements and surrounding communities.
- Youth are gainfully employed especially in the agriculture sector.
• Transparency /Accountability
• Being Exemplary • Respect for all • Sacrifice