FARMING/ AGRIBUSINESS EXCURSION TO GERMANY
Are you a progressive farmer, on a small, medium, or large scale, or an agribusiness person aged 20-50 years? Would you like to know more about international food systems, trade, and Networks within the agriculture space? Here is a chance for you to have a two weeks excursion to Germany. The Young Farmers Federation of Uganda (UNYFA) together with Schorlemer Foundation of the Germany Farmers Association (DBV) is organizing an international study tour between the 3rd & 15th of April 2022.
Excursion period: 1st – 13th August 2022
Applications open: 17th May 2022
Applications close: 10th June 2022
● Carefully read and understand the above video set questions before recording.
● You can use your smartphone/camera for recording.
● Keep the video short! Aim at a maximum of 5 minutes.
- A Ugandan Citizen
- Must possess a valid Ugandan passport -at least six months before its expiry date.
- Must have a Covid-19 vaccination certificate of accepted vaccines in Germany (BIONTECH/Pfizer or Moderna or Astra Zeneca)
- Aged 20-50 years Old.
- Must be a practicing farmer or a scholar of agriculture or running an agribusiness venture.
- Able and willing to engage in topical discussions pertaining to agribusiness and global food systems.
- Ready to pay all fees and expenses of 2,500Euros – 3,000Euros that accrue to the excursion i.e. visa, medical check-up and insurance, air ticket, accommodation, meals, and local transportation.
N.B The Excursion fees are payable in monthly installments of 1,000 Euros between 18th May & 30th July 2022 to:
Young Farmers’ Federation of Uganda Multipurpose Account
Account Number: 07187690015
Bank of Africa, Kampala Road Branch.
- Ready to pay the first monthly installment as a commitment fee.
The program selection process is highly competitive. Applicants are encouraged to submit thorough applications that illustrate their qualifications, characters, and practical commitment to agriculture.
Selection is based on the following criteria;
- Practical commitment to agriculture.
- Demonstrated leadership in the community
- Must be willing to return to Uganda after the excursion period in Germany
Travel and Fulfillment of this excursion is also subject to the prevailing Covid-19 regulations or restrictions between the two countries.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER | NATIONAL COORDINATOR